One evening last week, I was struggling with time ( story of my life!) and wanted a quick simple dish, with ingredients in my fridge/freezer.
I had been in a dr's waiting room and saw this recipe in a women's magazine, a quick and simple weekday meal, you can substitute with other vegetables if you want.
A can of beetroot (drained and dried well)
2 sheets of frozen puff pastry
1 small head of broccoli cut into florets
1/4/ cup sour cream
1/4 cup grated parmesan
1 Tbl flaked almonds
1. Pre heat oven to 200c, light grease a 20x30cmslice tin
2. Join pastry sheets together, overlapping, creating a seam. Using a sharp knife score a 1cm edge around the pan, bake for 8-10 min and lightly golden
3. Reduce the oven to 180, blanch the broccoli in boiling water and drain and dry.
4. Whisk the eggs, parmesan and sour cream in a jug and season well, pour over the pastry.
5. Top with broccoli and beetroot and bake for 15-20 min until just set, sprinkle with almonds and serve, you can have this warm or cold.
Until next time