These gorgeous little fish cakes are so simple and perfect for Summer! Again, as with all my recipes, using simple ingredients, quick and easy from your pantry and fridge.
These delightful little morsels can be made spicy (using a mixture of green chillis and coriander) or left plain, depending on who you are entertaining. This serves 4-6 people as a main with a salad.
8-10small/med potatoes - peeled and cut into chunks
11/2 can of tuna (in oil -drained)
1tsp chilli and coriander mix
1/2 lemon juice
salt and pepper
1 Beaten Egg
Breadcrumbs, I use panko.
Oil to fry
1. Boil and mash the potatoes, don't add milk or butter.
2. In a large bowl, add the mashed potatoes, lemon juice, drained tuna, salt and pepper to taste
3. Grind a hand full of coriander and 2-3 small green chillis into a paste . I usually make quite a lot of this and pop it into the freezer to use in my other recipes. If you are going to do this, you would need a large bunch of coriander and 8-10 green chillis, once grinded it keeps well in the freezer for about 4-6 weeks, you can put it in an ice cube tray and use as required. It is quite potent so use cautiously!
4. Add the chilli and coriander mix to the bowl and mix well. You can then start shaping them into small patties.
5. Dip each patty into flour, then the egg and then the breadcrumbs, set aside.
6. Heat oil in a pan and fry on a medium to high heat, you want a lovely golden colour
Serve with a crunchy green salad or an Asian slaw, and dipping sauces , I had a yoghurt and coriander and a sweet chilli sauce. Perfect for a quick and easy meal.
Till next time